segunda-feira, 8 de dezembro de 2008

Day 9 - Back to Manaus

On Thursday I had to collect some more sperm for the Alpha Project; this name cracks me up, by the way (see earlier post). I will skip the detailed description this time. But keeping those buggers frozen is pretty damn expensive, I will tell you that.

My aunt (who I hadn't spoken to in like 10 years) was waiting me at the house I was staying; the same aunt who lost touch with the rest of the family. She brought her two kids (who are 12 and 9) and I had the opportunity to finally meet my cousins. And it's totally safe to say that I wouldn't have met them if I wasn't sick, nor would my aunt have gotten back in touch with the family. So, as I said before, not everything about Cancer is bad.

We spent the whole afternoon together and then she drove my dad and I to the airport. The flight was a little delayed (as usual in Brazil), but we got home safely. Raquel picked us up at the airport. Although it was nice in São Paulo, I missed home. It was good to be back.

I will not bend. I will not break.

Nenhum comentário: