terça-feira, 23 de dezembro de 2008

Day 27 - Good news?

I was scheduled to see my doctor here in Manaus. As I have said before, he is very competent... he lacks people skills, though. He is supposed to be the best doctor in town. But rude would be a good way to describe his personality. I can handle it, though. I have a beautiful girlfriend who calls me sweetie. If the doctor cures me, I don't care if he calls me douche bag, really.

Anyway, I told him I had gone to Sao Paulo for that fancy (and pretty expensive) Pet CT exam. His exact words were: "That was a wrong decision by the doctor there. At this point that exam is just not necessary and you are wasting your money". His explanation makes sense, though. If a regular CT scan showed the problem already, why go through the Pet CT? I am actually considering not going to Sao Paulo in January (I was supposed to have another Pet CT exam done).

The good news is that it seems like the tumor is smaller. He examined my neck and my shoulders and he said he could no longer feel any lumps. I can feel a tiny one on the left-hand side of my neck, though. In any case, it is pretty clear that this thing is getting smaller. We're all pretty happy about that.

Tonight we'll do early Christmas here at my house (I have chemo tomorrow). On that note, Merry Christmas to you and your families. Thank you so much for the positive thoughts and keep on reading.

I won't bend. I won't break.

Nenhum comentário: