sexta-feira, 12 de dezembro de 2008

Day 16 - Chemo hit harder

It seems that I lied on my last post as I didn't write anything else from the hospital. I spent the whole morning replying to emails and I didn't feel like stairing at a computer after that. Besides, there wasn't a whole lot to talk about anyway. The day went by pretty fast, I went home and slept early.

I felt fine, just like after the first chemo. But I could see the chemo effects for the first time. All the medicine went in through an IV on my left arm. On that arm, there is a thick vein that runs on top of my biceps that can be seen quite easily; that vein was all red - it just did not look healthy at all. That does show how heavy (and toxic) the drugs are.

The side effects didn't stop there. I felt dizzy pretty much all day. After eating some pineapple in the end of the afternoon, I vomited. That made angry for some reason. Maybe I got cocky and thought I could go through Cancer without feeling much. It turns out that I can't. It was a good reminder that I it won't be easy to beat this thing. But it was also a good test to my confidence. And that remains unchanged, I will beat this thing, it's just a matter of time. Sorry Cancer.

I will not bend. I will not break.

Nenhum comentário: