segunda-feira, 22 de dezembro de 2008

Day 26 - Living Healthy

Instead of writing everyday, I will start writing whenever I have something interesting to say, really. The blog was becoming more of a burden than something that I enjoyed doing, which defeated the purpose, a little bit.

I have another chemo session in two days. I have been following quite closely a diet that a nutritionist put together for me. It's all about recovering my defenses and making sure I don't lose weight. The diet is super healthy; I need to intake 3300 cals a day and fat is pretty much not allowed (especially the bad kinds). I am also taking this suplement called FortiCare - it's made specially for cancer patients and it has all the vitamins I need. It's bloody expensive, but well worth it.

On top of eating well, I have been exercising frequently. Nothing too intense, though... just a 30-minute run and some jiu-jitsu on Satudays with my brother (who just got his black belt). I am feeling really healthy. That is pretty weird when you know you have cancer.

I am hoping all this relentless effort to heal my body from chemo will pay off. Hopefully I will feel better after this session. In case I don't, here's what I will be thinking: "If you're so healthy and this chemo hit you so bad, imagine what it's doing to Cancer!".

I will not bend. I will not break.

Nenhum comentário: