quarta-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2008

Day 12 - The Diet

Sunday was a pretty chill day. At lunch time I went to Raquel's grandpa's birthday. They had made a Turtle (it is normal on this side of the world to eat turtles). Since I am on a bit of a healthy diet, I didn't eat much.

I have been following a bit of a diet, which essentially consists of healthy eating, cutting down the meat a little bit, avoiding chicked (except for organic), sugar, and all the industrialized stuff that we know kill us slowly. The reasoning for that is essentialy that book I read (see previous post), it gives some pretty good hints on what to eat. In addition, I went to a traditional medicine doctor here and he made some recommendations on what to eat. I would share that with you, but it's really geared towards stuff that we only find here and I wouldn't know how to translate the names. He also told me to drink 4 different types of tea, those will help my immune system recover. It's probably better that I don't give any nutrition hints anyway; afterall, I am no doctor. From what I have read, traditional medicine and good nutrition do work, they won't cure me on their own. But they are certainly a good weapon when combined with modern medicine.

The bottom line is that when you face Cancer, you want to do everything you can to fight it. To me, that includes being extremely healthy. I am sure the sacrifice will pay off.

I will not bend. I will not break.

Nenhum comentário: