segunda-feira, 8 de dezembro de 2008

Day 10 - Re-apllying

My plans of going to Switzerland had to be postponed. So a friend of mine, who teaches at the local university, suggested I applied for a masters program here; that way I could do it while doing chemo.

Although I will still try to do a masters in Switzerland next September, I decided to apply for the program here. Since my degree hasn't been validated, I might not even get in, but I tried nonetheless. Why not, eh?

I guess my point is that I cannot let this disease put me down. I need to live my life normally and that implies working, going to school, or whatever floats my boat. As Rocky Balboa would say "life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving". Cheesy as hell, I know. But it's also true.

I will not bend. I will not break.

Nenhum comentário: