segunda-feira, 8 de dezembro de 2008

Day 11 - A word on fairness

I am not going to lie, I did think to myself "it is not fair!". I mean, I have always lived a reasonably healthy life, I have always been quite physically active, I have always eaten healthy food, and so on... I received a couple of emails from friends who said something like that, they complained it is not fair.

Now that I had time to think more about this, I no longer think about the fairness of having Cancer. For starters, it would just make me angry and take the focus away from my treatment. But the most important point is that shit happens and we're not immune to it, no matter how hard we try to avoid that. Sometimes bad things happen to us or to someone we love, that's life.

My condition sucks, but I have all the means to fight it, and I will not lower my guard. I am young, I am healthy, I have good doctors, and I am surrounded by people who love me. That indeed is unfair; it is unfair with all the people who don't have anything close to that.

I will not bend. I will not break.

Nenhum comentário: