sexta-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2009

Day 84 - More chemo

Ok, it was no doubt much more comforting to go into chemo knowing that it's actually working (see last post). While I was at the hospital, I tried really hard not to vomit. I don't know why I do that...

During the whole day at the hospital, I only vomited 4 times. In comparison to some of the other chemo sessions, that is nothing. But I went through the whole day without eating or drinking anything. Not to mention that I was grumpy as hell, I don't think I said more than 10 senteces at all. I pretty much spent the whole day trying to hide from the smell of the hospital, from the smell of the hospital food and so on. I get pretty sensitive about how things smell and that often makes me vomit.

My strategy of hiding from the world worked. That's not a good thing though. When I got home my mom made some dinner. Guess what? I didn't even want to smell it. Needless to say that I didn't have dinner either. So around 10 pm I vomited for the last time that day. It was the first time I ever vomited blood. And it's not a pretty sight. So I got up, went to the kitchen and had a couple of bread slices with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I felt better right away. The bottom line? Eat while doing chemo. It doesn't matter if you're going to puke it or not. In the end, it's better to vomit food than stomach juices, which hurt your thrat.

That was my 7th chemo, I have 9 to go. I am almost half way there! With the news from the last post, it's much easier to think the glass is half full.

I won't bend. I won't break.

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

I whish you a lot of stength, and don't break!