sexta-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2009

Day 77 - Happy Friday the 13th

This post is pretty ironic, if you are superstitious anyway. Remember how I got to spend my birthday and Christmas Eve day at the hospital? Although I was happy to be surrounded by the people who love me, I know that circumstances could be better. I mean, I could be surrounded by my family and Raquel in Bora Bora. It's undeniable that the latter would be more pleasant.

Anyway, if my last birthday and Christmas were spent in the hospital, what to expect from a Friday the 13th? Well, I did spend a good chunk of my day at the hospital. But I got some wonderful news. I had that PET CT exam done again. I have already explained what it does, but in a nutshell, it scans your whole body for tumors. The results came out...

I don't have cancer anymore.

There is a small possibility that the exam would give false negative results, so the doctor said that I still had to go through 10 chemo sessions, which sounds like a lot, I know. But it's just good to know that we're headed the right direction. I feel like my team is up 6-0 in the beginning of the third period and we have 5 minutes of 5-on-3 hockey to play. The game is certainly not over, but things are looking pretty good. Just don't say shutout just yet...

I won't bend. I won't break.

Nenhum comentário: