sexta-feira, 6 de março de 2009

Day 98 - The glass is half full

I went through another chemo session a couple of days ago. As usual, the day went by almost in slow motion; that's just not good when you are at the hospital. I got there around 8:30 in the morning and my chemo didn't start until 11 ish. They were short staffed and things took longer than usual. As I mentioned before, my veins are in rough shape, so it was tricky for the nurses to get one.

Anyway, after hours of feeling ill and vomiting, the day slowly headed to an end. By the way, this time I didn't vomit any blood. I made sure I had food in my stomach during the day. Every time I vomited, I had one slice of bread and some water. Raquel and I left the hospital around 8pm. It was the longest day there so far.

I was pretty cold when I got home and took a long hot shower. After that, I went to bed and had a bit of a fever. I didn't want to eat or do anything other than staying in bed. That's when something odd happened: I vomited one last time and my fever was immediately gone. I stood up, washed my mouth and had a chicken breast sandwich. I felt just fine after that.

This was my 8th chemo session. I have another 8 to go. In the last 4 months I have been diagnosed with Cancer, treated and cured, not to mention that I got engaged. So it's impossible for me not to say that the glass is half full. But let me tell you, it's one damn huge glass. There's still a long way to go. The glass will be full soon, though. It's just a matter of time...

I won't bend. I won't break.

Nenhum comentário: