sexta-feira, 23 de janeiro de 2009

Days 45 to 52 - Simple pleasures

I went to Rio for a week with Raquel and her family. It had nothing to do with exams or my condition. It was about relaxing and that's exactly what we did. We stayed at an apartment in Barra beach, literally 100 feet from the ocean. The view is pretty spectacular from there. Although the place we stayed sounds a little fancy (well, it was), this post is about the simple things we often take for granted, like riding waves.

During the whole week we hung out with my good friends from Canada Alyece, Erin and Elron. We did touristy stuff in Rio, some pretty cool, some sort of lame. But the good part was hanging out and catching up with them.

I have been following a pretty strict diet, hoping that it will help my body to fight the disease. Although it's for a greater good, eating healthy ALL the time is tiring, to say the least. So I decided to not follow the diet while I was in Rio. Lord, how I enjoyed that! There's this place called Outback (I think it's an Australian chain). They have some pretty kick-ass BBQ ribs (not the healthiest thing one can eat) - I always loved those and had been thinking about them for a while. It wasn't the best tasting meal I ever had (although it was pretty good), but I don't remember feeling so much pleasure during a meal.

The trip was really good. It was so good that I actually forgot that I am sick. I think that has to do with all those simple pleasures of life that I hadn't been able to feel, like eating, hanging out with friends, or going to the beach. I will no longer take those simple things for granted, that's for sure. And I am sure that will make me learn how to appreciate them even more. Try that with me, treasure the simple pleasures that life has to offer, I have the feeling that you'll be much happier.

I won't bend. I won't break.

Nenhum comentário: