sexta-feira, 19 de junho de 2009

Day 213 - Goals

Chemo this week was rough, as always. I was pretty cranky in the next couple of days. Still, I am beginning to feel a little more peaceful inside. It's comforting to know that this war will soon be over and I will be able to return to normal life.

As soon as I get back to normal life, I need to get back in shape. I do need to look half-decent during my honeymoon after all. Just kidding, I am aware that I need to be in good shape for the rest of my life, as I really don't want to fight Cancer again. That means eating healthy for most of the time and exercising pretty regularly.

With that said, I have been thinking about taking running seriously. I would like to go from chemo to a marathon in a year or so. For those hard-core runners, it may sound like no big deal. But I have never been a huge fan of running and I really want to see if I can actually finish a marathon. The ultimate goal, though, would be to do an ironman... a little ambitious, I know.

Maybe I will fail, maybe I will succeed... who knows? But I am pretty sure it won't be much harder than 16 chemo sessions.

Nenhum comentário: